Deactivating your brain's alarm system.
解除你的大脑警报系统
Post published by Linda Esposito LCSW on Nov 24, 2014 in From Anxiety to Zen
“Your heart is racing, you begin to hyperventilate, every nerve in your body is exploding — it seems you're about to die.” ~Sean Callebs
“你的心跳加速,开始呼吸急促,身体里的每根就要神经爆炸——那种感觉仿佛即将死去。”——高乐伯斯
每年大约有六百万的美国成年人会经历恐慌症的发作。
Panic disorder is a real illness characterized by sudden attacks of terror, and physical symptoms including a racing heartbeat, sweatiness, weakness, or dizziness.
恐慌障碍是一种真正的疾病,特点是经历突然的恐慌袭击,生理特征包括心跳加速、出汗、虚弱和眩晕。
1. Acknowledge the panic symptoms.
承认恐慌的征兆。这似乎与直觉是相悖的,因为我们的身体机能就是用来避免不愉快的情景的。然而,压制的想法——一遍又一遍地告诉自己不要想“我就要死掉了”只会让焦虑变得更糟糕。
A preferred response is to recognize the uncomfortable feelings and remind yourself that you’re not in danger: “This panic thing seriously messes up my day. Although it’s scary and overwhelming, I’m safe.”
一个比较好的做法就是承认不舒服的感觉,并且暗示自己这样并不危险:“这种惊慌的事情会真的会毁掉我的一整天。虽然它很少见且不可抗拒,但是我也很安全。”
Grounding strategies include feeling your feet on the ground, or your hands on the steering wheel, or bracing yourself against a wall. Of course, leaving is always an option, but try to stay in the situation until your rational mind returns.
详细的策略包括感受到你脚踏实地,或者感受到你的手放在方向盘上,抑者感受你的背部依靠着墙。当然,逃离也是一种选择,但是最好试着留在现场直到你恢复了理智。
3. Be “here.” People do not have panic attacks in the present.
“现在”。目前人们不会有恐怖袭击。
实际上,你是对过去的行为采取了反应,或者是对未来的事件采取了反应。
Being mindful of the here-and-now will help you can take actions to calm down.
在心中提醒自己身处“现在”可以帮助你采取措施冷静下来。
4.Act.
行动。
既然你的身体和心理已经冷静了许多,就该思考采取行动安然度过这次波折。
还有一点小建议:
Breathe slowly and deeply
慢慢地深呼吸。
Close your eyes to block out overwhelming stimulation
闭上眼睛摒除不可抗拒的情形
Drink water to cool down your body temperature
喝一些水来降低体温
Do jumping jacks to get rid of excess energy
做一些开合跳来消耗掉多余的精力
Remember that you are not your thoughts, or your uncomfortable feelings, and get ready for Round 2. Practice is the only way to ensure calm habits.
请记住,你还未恢复你的想法,也未摆脱不舒服的感觉,那么准备好第二轮。实践是确保冷静的唯一方法。