Want to exercise your freedom muscles? Here are a few ways to step outside the cage in small ways. Pick the ones that are hard for you and ignore the rest.
想要练习你的自由肌肉吗?这里有一些方法帮助你小小地踏出牢笼。选择对你来说困难的一些选项,并且忽视其他的选项。
Go exploring. The Internet doesn't count.
去探索。上网并不包含在内
Change (or ditch) your routine one day a week
每周有一天改变(或丢弃)你的日常生活
Speak out about an issue
说出一个问题
Smile unabashedly at someone
不怕羞地对某人微笑
Wear something daring in public
在公众场合穿一些大胆的衣服
Be the first to welcome a new person
成为第一个欢迎新人的人
Take a baby step in the direction of a crazy, impossible dream
朝一个疯狂的、不可能的梦想迈出一小步
Stop labeling your dreams “crazy” and “impossible”
停止给你的梦想贴“疯狂”以及“不可能”的标签
Spend some money on yourself, or give some away
为自己花一些钱,或者捐赠一些钱
Write a list of things that would be fun for you…
列一个事情清单,这些事情是能给你带来乐趣的
Then do those things
然后做这些事情
There’s nothing wrong with liking security. As I already mentioned, security is a necessary condition for everyone who wants to thrive.
喜欢安全感没什么错。就像我之前提过的那样,安全感对每一个想要茁壮成长的人来说都是必须的。
But ask yourself this: When you approach the end of your life, will you be glad you stayed safe, or will you look back and regret all the roads not taken?
但是问问你自己:当你走到生命的尽头时,是会很高兴自己待在安全环境里,还是会回想往事并且后悔所有那些未曾选择的道路?
Don’t let your desire for security eclipse your equally valid need for freedom. You’re an adult. You’ve earned some time outside the cage.
不要让你对安全感的渴望遮盖住你同等需要的自由。你是一个成人。你要挣得一些在笼子外面的时间。
Be careful out there …. but be out there.
走出牢笼的时候要小心……但是要走出去。