Post published by Linda Esposito LCSW on Jul 27, 2015 in From Anxiety to Zen
看在彼得的份上,不要再解释了!
你的经历、你的人际关系,或者昨天你为什么放弃了健身锻炼,这些事情你没有必要说的那么详细。
Time is money. And mental energy is finite. When you over-explain, you squander precious emotional and mental properties, and waste other people's, too. I get you. I used to do this. A lot.
时间就是金钱。并且心理能量是有限的。当你过度的详细解释时,你挥霍了珍贵的情绪和心理精力,同时也浪费了别人的情绪和心理精力。我理解你。我曾经这样做过,很多次。
Talking too much is a boundaries issue.
说太多话是一个边界性问题。
It’s also an anxiety issue.
这也是一个焦虑问题。
焦虑的人与口头说话之间有很强的联系。
On the one hand, talking gives you something to do and somewhere to channel your nervous energy.
一方面,谈论让你有事可做,并且在某种程度上能帮你疏导紧张情绪。
On the other hand, words drive you crazy with regret after meetings, conversations, dates, and arguments.
另一方面,在见面、交谈、约会以及争论之后,语言带来的后悔又令你抓狂。
You weren’t allowed to express yourself growing up
在你成长的童年里,别人不允许你表达自己
You don’t trust that others will “get” your message
你不相信别人能“理解”你的信息
You equate brevity with curt and dismissive
你把草率简洁与不屑一顾等同起来
You’re ambivalent about what you want
对于自己想要的东西,你也很矛盾
You can’t stand the word ‘no'
你无法忍受“不”这个词
清晰交谈的8步:
1.Breathe.
呼吸。
Breathe slowly and deeply. Try the 4-4-4-: Inhale for a count of four; hold for a count of four; exhale for a count of four. Do this at least three times in succession, and before meeting with people or situations which make you anxious.
缓慢的呼吸,深深的呼吸。试着用4-4-4-:吸气的时候数4下,停留的时候数4下,呼气的时候数4下。在见那些令你焦虑的人或面对让你焦虑的事时,连续这样做,至少做三次。
2.Give your vernacular the axe.
用斧子劈掉多余的语言。
如果你常常会写五段话,那么将它砍成三段。我保证,收信者将会很感激你。如果他们没有——下一篇文章继续这样做。
4.Take two beats before responding when you’re caught off guard.
当你猝不及防时,在做出回应之前先缓一缓。
你不是在讲话奥林匹克上竞赛,所以慢慢慢慢来。
5.Believe you’re worthy of accolades, luxuries, and most importantly, healthy relationships.
相信你值得拥有尊荣的、奢侈的人际关系,值得拥有最重要、最健康的人际关系。
如果你真正珍惜自己,别人也会珍惜你。如果他们不珍惜你,这就是一个信号,那么你可以将他们抛在身后了。
6.Get your message on point.
让你的信息抓住重点。
不要用“好”和“坏”这样模糊的语言,告诉我们你真正的意思。
“Mind-blowingly awesome,” and “eye-scratchingly awful” stand out. “I’m having a bad day” could mean your cat needs cataract surgery, you have a killer ear ache, or you’re hungover.
“棒的动人心魄”和“丑的不堪入目”,可以用这样的明显的词汇表示。“今天糟糕极了”,可能说明你的猫需要做白内障手术,或者你的耳朵痛死了,又或者宿醉难忍。
7.Become BFF with ‘no.’
巧用“拒绝”变成一辈的好朋友。
这是一个美好的世界,每一种关系都不可或缺。
8.Write it down.
写下来。
Preparation is crucial. Because your mind races when you’re stressed, recording the main points of your message guarantees clarity and your end goal.
准备过程至关重要。当你处在压力下时,大脑会高速运转,将信息的要点记录下来,确保清晰,并且能达到你的最终目的。
In summary, slow down, breathe, befriend brevity, and focus on your most important points when communicating.
总之,要慢下来,深呼吸,友善的简洁明了,并且在交流时将注意力放在最重要的要点上。